Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Hate The Devil Rays Too

OK...most of you know that I am a Red Sox fan. To be honest, my affinity towards the Sox grew out of my complete and total loathing of the New York Yankees. What sealed the deal for me was the Aaron Boone (yes, the same Aaron Boone who cried when he was traded from the Mariners) home run off of Tim Wakefield in the 2003 ALCS series. I announced to all in the room that I was officially a Boston Red Sox fan and began what will I know be a lifelong romance with the team that will spend most of the time "breakin ya haat".

Although I knew all of these things, I had no idea that I would simply get so wrapped up in this thing emotionally. I mean, I am meeting perfect strangers in the parking lots of South Florida and we are sharing moments like brothers. I was even a part of several conversations in 04 as old crusty Bostonians would give me the ever quoted, "this is ah yeaa!!!" Praise God they were right.

But as of tonight, I am remembering a team that kept my stomach in knots and my mood swings in high gear from the 2004 ALCS. I was watching as Wakefield pitched through most of 8 innings and then the bullpen blowing the rest as Tampa Bay comes back in the bottom of the 8th.

This brings me to my point.

I HATE THE TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several reasons..........

First off...Lou Piniella is a waste of oxygen and one of the worst managers of all time. He is a big dope that sits on his backside, gets fatter by the minute, manages a horrible team, and looks like a total idiot as he is cursing umpires and kicking his hat (or throwing 1st base). What a retard........

Second...here is the Devil Rays home-page....notice that you don't find the standings that you do on other baseball teams sites. The reason is...THEY ARE IN LAST PLACE...THEY ARE HORRIBLE...AND NO ONE CARES IF THEY WERE GONE TOMORROW.......

Yes, they beat the RED SOX tonight and combined with the Yankees (I HATE THEM) win, puts the Yankees (I HATE THEM) up by a half a game.

What kills me is to see the celebration. YOU ARE GOING HOME NEXT WEEK. No one cares about you. Jonny Gomez hit a triple to bat in his 50th RBI of the year. I will concede that it was good hitting, but your talk on camera needs to be matched with actual consistent play. No...I couldn't hit the measley 50 RBIs a year but I am not getting paid $10 mill a year to do so.

Basically, I am looking for Karma here (that Carson Daily is really smart). I am really upset because it might be me. I mean, the Sox still had a lead before I started watching. Maybe I need to do something nice tomorrow so that....ah whatever...I still hate the devil rays.......and the yankees (I HATE THEM)!!!!!!

Chet...the obscure references are for you. I am trying to get as good as Bill Simmons.

brad

1 comment:

Justin said...

you need to drop the "I love Boston" routine and come back home to your roots - The Atlanta Braves.
In my humble opinion, as a man of the south, you should know where your loyalities lie - and it's not in the most damn yankee, liberal state of the union.
I, like you, love Boston when they play the Yankees...but I loved the Expos for the same reason. In sum, Boston sucks and I wish the country - including you - would hop off the bandwagon and come back down to earth. Oh wait, you will as soon as they aren't good anymore. How do I know? B/c no one cared about them except Boston people up until 4 years ago. Screw 'em :)