Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sightings

Last night, Mandi and I went to dinner with some friends. We went to a Greek restaurant and it was VERY Greek. Beyond the authentic food, there was dancing on the tables, napkins being thrown by the dozens and music that was so loud, I thought my ears were bleeding.

After it was over, the night was young, so we wanted to go find a quieter place. You know, one of those with soft music where we could just chill and talk. As we set out to find a place, Mandi looked over and said, "hey, that place looks good." It was a random restaurant that was located in a store front. We pulled over to check it out and went in.

About 3 minutes after we got there, my buddy Scott said, "hey, Steve Tyler is sitting over there." I am NOT an Aerosmith fan, but...that's pretty cool...random, but cool.

So after a little while, he came through and was about to leave, so we went out to meet him. We got the handshake. It isn't as great as meeting President G Dubya, but good times anyway.

You never know who you might run into here. Living in a normal part of the world, the closest I ever came to seeing someone famous was when I saw Tom Green in an airport (oh yeah...and seeing Coolio in the ski rental shop in Park City Utah...which, come to think of it, should have been mentioned before Tom Green).

brad

2 comments:

Scott Slayton said...

Coolio must be everywhere. I was with him on a flight from Detroit to Amsterdam

Anonymous said...

I once saw B. Arthur walking down a crowded sidewalk in New Orleans.

You should have asked Steve Tyler why he keeps all those handkercheifs on his mic stand. Well...maybe not because he might have an embarrassing mucus problem and he would be upset that you brought it up.