Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Dukes of Hazzard

One of the funny things that I have noticed about working with teenagers in 2005 is that they think the "Dukes of Hazzard" is a new idea. The problem though, is that they can't tell why a cast would be made up of Johnny Knoxville (Luke Duke), Sean Williams Scott (Bo Duke), Jessica Simpson (Daisy Duke), Willie Nelson (Uncle Jesse) and Burt Reynolds (Boss Hogg). When I asked my small group if they had ever seen the "Dukes," they said..."no, it hasn't come out yet."

I am sitting here with Mandi watching the original second season. It is hilarious. Some of the best acting (Roscoe P. Coletrain) I have ever seen. I think I am going to boycott the EMMY'S this year as a protest to the entire oversight of the greatest acting of the 20th Century.

If you get a chance, you need to check out any of the fine episodes at a 53 inch widescreen near you.

brad

No comments: