Monday, December 19, 2005

Turning Into A Liberal.....

No, I'm not turning into an American Political Liberal. Let me see if I can explain. A few days ago, I was reading in Hosea (an Old Testament Prophet) and I came across on of those places where God is talking about how His people are always turning from Him and prostituting themselves with other things that His love. As it goes on, I see that there is a place where God is making things right and turning the hearts of the people back. What gets me it that I saw a description of what is happening in the person whom God changes...

"I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD." (Hosea 2:19-20)

What I keep seeing is righteousness, love and compassion (evangelical conservative values) and then, once more, I see the value that is so common in Christian liberal circles and a value of scripture...JUSTICE.

Then I wake this morning and read this article about what TIME magazine said about Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates.
"For being shrewd about doing good, for rewiring politics and re-engineering justice, for making mercy smarter and hope strategic and then daring the rest of us to follow, Bill and Melinda Gates and Bono are Time's Persons of the Year...."

I am not on a talking point about how an "evangelical" should have been on the cover of TIME, but I observe...what if some follower of Jesus "let their light shine before men so that they could see the good works and glorify God in heaven?"

Again, I am reminded about how I have dropped the ball and seem to care about things that are oppossed to the things that Jesus loved. If being honest about social justice means that I am an evangelical liberal...ok.

brad

No comments: