Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Book

For those of you who don't know, I am currently intrigued with a pastor named Rob Bell. There is no doubt that this guys is controversial at best...at least for staunch conservatives (biblical, not political). I listen to every sermon that he preaches and have watched a series of teachings called NOOMA that are made by his team from Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan.

For that matter, Rob Bell is the inspiration behind the whole Mars Hill idea that we are using in the student ministry at First Baptist Church in Pompano (well he and Mark Driscoll, the pastor of Mars Hill Church - no connection - in Seattle).

I picked up Rob's new book called "Velvet Elvis" (Zondervan) today. I read through the first chapter today and I think that it is good and thought provoking. People like Bell catch my attention, because I am one of those people who, well after college, still sit and dream of something more to this thing that we call "Christianity" or the process of living out what it means to be a follower of Jesus.

So far I recommend it. I will comment later on what else I learn from it.

brad

No comments: