Sunday, March 19, 2006

Finished

This morning, we finished our Discipleship weekend with our students at FBC. We had 81 middle school and high school students that spent the weekend with us. They spent several hours in teaching and conversation about what God requires from His people when it comes to social action and justice in light of the gospel.

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, Sam Davidson was the speaker and he was a phenom. He is one of those guys who really understands the language gap between the traditional evangelical church, the emerging church and the culture in which we are called to exist and love. I appreciate his heart and it was good for me to be able to ask questions and learn.

I think that this was one of the best events that we have done in a while and I really did see that our students learned some truths that will be with them for a long time.

I recommend Sam for any event in which the focus is to educate people to the injustice and oppression around the world and what we are to do about it.

brad

No comments: